Community Service Learning
How CSL Works
- Off-campus agencies can advertise for positions through UNI Career Services: How to Post a Job (PDF).
- The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships can determine which students qualify for Federal Work-Study: CSL Request (Word document).
- The agency interviews and selects student(s) for the position.
- The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships awards Federal Work-Study to eligible student employees.
- The student employee meets with Financial Aid Office staff for set up in UNI payroll.
Students currently working for an organization may also qualify. Contact our office to determine if a student qualifies.
Receiving Federal Work-Study Payments
Your way of receiving pay will differ from the way of receiving other aid such as grants and loans which credit to the U-bill. To receive pay for work study you will record the hours worked and submit time cards on the Oracle E-business site. A link is available through MyUNIverse. Your payment will be directly deposited to your personal bank account.
Students can access their Work-Study Monitoring Report to track their work-study earnings at any time on the Oracle e-business suite where you complete and submit timecards.
Information for Agencies
Nonprofit Employer Responsibilities
Pay 25% of students’ federal work-study earning and 100% of any earnings over students’ work-study earning paid by UNI.
Sign into Oracle E-Business suite every Monday to review submitted timecards.
Communicate with Work-Study Coordinator on employee terminations in a timely manner.