Financial Aid Timeline
When it comes to funding your education and financial aid, you're likely wondering what you need to do and when. This helpful timeline will guide you and keep you on track.
- Start applying for scholarships! The UNI Scholarship Application opens July 1 each year.
- Conduct your own scholarship search by accessing free online searches. Also, ask any organizations you belong to if they offer scholarships.
Complete your FAFSA. The FAFSA becomes available on October 1. The UNI School Code is 001890. Both the student and the parent will need to create an FSA ID to complete the FAFSA electronically.
- Check your email in case you need to provide additional information for your FAFSA. Some students will be randomly selected to have their FAFSA verified. If you are selected to complete verification, please submit the requested materials as soon as possible to avoid financial aid delays.
- FAFSA priority date is January 15.
- UNI Scholarship Application priority date is January 15.
- Financial aid offers for incoming students will be sent out in mid-late February.
- UNI scholarships will be awarded during the spring semester. Students receiving scholarships will be notified by the departments and colleges. You can view your financial aid offer via MyUNIverse.
- Report hometown scholarships to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Evaluate how much financial aid will need to be accepted.
- If anticipating a refund, sign up for direct deposit.
- Begin searching for employment at the UNI Job Board.
- If borrowing loans, complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Complete the UNI Scholarship Application for your 2nd year at UNI (opens July 1).
- Pay your U-bill by August 20. Continue to check your U-bill each month throughout the school year to ensure that you do not miss any charges.