The Noel Scholars program was created thanks to a generous gift by Rick (’90 Accounting) and Lisa Noel. This scholarship is available to entering freshmen who will graduate from an Iowa high school and demonstrate financial need.
Preference is given to a student pursuing a degree from the College of Business and is either TRIO eligible or from an underrepresented racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic background.
The amount of the scholarship is equal to the cost of attendance minus all other gift aid (including Pell Grants, institutional grants and scholarships, and private scholarships). The cost of attendance is equal to tuition & fees, room & board, books, transportation, and personal expenses.
- Current senior attending an Iowa high school
- A minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning and success in the face of adversity
- Qualify for a Pell Grant as determined by fling the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Preference given to a student pursuing a degree from the College of Business
- Preference given to a TRIO eligible student, or a student from an underrepresented racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic background
- Enrolling and maintaining full-time (12 credits or more per semester)
This award is renewable for an additional three years provided the student maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA, full-time enrollment, and qualifies for financial need.