Women's and Gender Studies (M.A.)
The Women's and Gender Studies program offers two interdisciplinary self-designed M.A. tracks, a thesis track and an applied non-thesis track that focuses on gender and violence prevention or gender and wellness. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of students with an interest in pursuing a rigorous program of gender-focused research. Students enrolled in the M.A. in Women and Gender Studies program share a common core sequence of courses. In their choice of electives, students customize their degrees, drawing on the diverse course options available in the UNI curriculum as well as on their individual interests. Each student creates a degree unique to them that is supported by a solid foundation in feminist theory and cutting-edge perspectives on gender analysis. Students have used a variety of methods in their thesis including: quantitative, ethnographic, literary criticism, and creative approaches such as novels and performances. The M.A. in Women and Gender Studies is a thesis-only program of study.
- International Application for Admission
- All post-secondary official Transcripts sent directly from your current and/or all prior academic institutions that you have attended to the Office of Admissions at the mailing address listed below.
- Mailing Address:
- University of Northern Iowa
- International Graduate Admissions
- 002 Gilchrist Hall
- Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0018
- Mailing Address:
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale
- Official TOEFL score of (80) as well as individual sections no less than 20, IELTS score of (6.5) with no individual section below 6.5, or Duolingo score of (105) to be considered for full admission
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
- Applicant Statement addressing the professional background, motivations for seeking degree and career goals