Literacy Education (M.A.E)
Become a culturally-responsive literacy teacher through the integration of research, theory and practice. This program is designed to:
- Develop and extend the expertise of educators in both leadership and classroom positions who wish to specialize in the area of literacy education
- Foster professional development for practicing teachers
- Engage learners in critical thinking and strategic processing
- International Application for Admission
- All post-secondary official transcripts sent directly from your current and/or all prior academic institutions that you have attended to the Office of Admissions at the mailing address listed below.
- Mailing Address:
- University of Northern Iowa
- International Graduate Admissions
- 002 Gilchrist Hall
- Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0018
- Mailing Address:
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale
- Official TOEFL score of (79), IELTS score of (6.5), or Duolingo score of (105) to be considered for full admission
- Applicant statement addressing professional background, motivation for seeking degree in literacy education and career goals.
- Priority deadline is April 1st. Continues accepting applications until July 15th
- Next Cohort Starts August 2023
- 2 Years
- Part-time, online students living outside the U.S. are eligible for many College of Education (COE) graduate scholarships including the Dean’s Graduate Scholarships. To apply for multiple COE scholarships, fill out the UNI Universal Scholarship Application by April 1 prior to the term you anticipate starting your program. UNI alumni educators who are pursuing an online graduate program can also apply for a PACE scholarship.
- Tuition and Fees:
International students enrolled in this online program and living outside the U.S. are charged the same tuition rate as domestic students living in the U.S. See the Online and Distance Education FAQ for the current tuition rates.