Introduce your group to UNI!
We are excited about the opportunity to welcome your group to our campus. Group visits are available for high school and community college teachers, counselors or community leaders to bring students to campus to experience UNI. Complete the registration form, and we'll be in touch to finalize and confirm your group visit.
Note: These visits are not intended for students and their families who should register for one of our on-campus visits.
Due to the large volume of requests we receive for group tours, tours are currently limited to high school and transfer students* and do not offer a lunch option. We offer group tours Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Dates and times are subject to availability.
Before you register, here’s what you need to know.
- Visit requests should be submitted at least three weeks prior to your requested visit date.
- After receiving your request, a representative from our office will contact you. Submitting a request does not guarantee a scheduled visit. We will do our best to accommodate your preferred date and time.
- Notify the Office of Admissions if you need to cancel or modify for your campus visit. We ask for 48 hours notice if canceling your visit (excluding weather related/unavoidable issues).
- Student contact information will be collected at the group visit to help us accurately record visit numbers and communicate to students about UNI's programs and services. A signed permission slip has been completed by each student via the school for field trip purposes.
What you need to know for the day of your visit.
- You will receive parking information and a map prior to your visit.
- There’s lots of walking, so wear comfortable shoes. Dress appropriately for rain (bring umbrellas) and snow.
- Encourage your students to ask questions so that they get the most out of the visit.
- Arrive on time. If you are running late, call 319-273-2281 so we can plan how we might best be able to accommodate your group.
- Enjoy your time on campus!
*Tours for middle-school students are currently not offered.
Important Safety Information Regarding COVID-19
- Visitors are expected to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times, including inside any building on campus.
- Visitors are also strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when outside a building as well, and in particular when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Visitors should maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet of distance from others at all times while on campus.
- All visitors are also asked to perform a COVID-19 symptoms assessment before arriving on campus.
- Should you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, have had recent contact with anyone with COVID-19 or feel ill on the day of your visit, we ask that you reschedule your visit for another date.