Page 4 - UNI Transfer Student Guide
P. 4

  3 simple steps and you’re on your way to
great things.
 Whether you’ve always known you would attend UNI or you’ve just recently discovered us, you’ll begin your journey with a simple application. To wrap up your submission, you’ll also need to send us your transcript(s) from current and past institutions. At this point, unofficial transcripts can be submitted, but know that you’ll need to request your official versions be sent to us before you begin classes.
Admission Requirements
The criteria for admission to UNI for transfer students is evaluated on your cumulative grade point average (GPA) from your previous institution(s). For admission, you must have (or exceed) the GPA listed for the number of transferrable credit hours you have.
1-24 2.25 + High school requirements*
25-59 2.25
60+ 2.0
Applying: Easy as 1-2-3
1 2
 Complete your application. Pay application fee (waiver is
available for those who qualify).
Send transcripts from every college attended (can be unofficial) to or by mail.
   Transferrable Credit Hours
  Grade Point Average
       *Applicants transferring with fewer than 24 transferrable credits must also meet the admission requirements for students entering directly from high school. See requirements at
 Transferring Degrees
Students who earn an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree from an Iowa or Illinois community college will have met UNI’s Liberal Arts Core with the exceptions of:
1. Category 2B, a course in non-Western cultures, which may be completed at either the community college or at UNI.
2. Category 6, a Capstone course, which must be completed at UNI.
Other degrees, including Associate of Science (A.S.), Associate
of Applied Science (A.A.S.), Associate of Applied Arts (A.A.A.) and an Associate of Arts (A.A.) from an out-of-state community college will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
Specific Major Requirements
Some majors have additional requirements to get into upper-level courses, including education, business, music, communication disorders and social work.
World Language Requirement
Students who have completed Level II of a foreign language (with a C- or better in the final semester) will have satisfied UNI’s world language requirement. This can be satisfied in high school, from a previous institution or completed at UNI.

   2   3   4   5   6