Thank you for helping your students learn more about UNI to see if we are the right fit <link to the right fit page>. Take a look at our admissions and financial aid information, university timelines, and the many resources and opportunities available for your future Panthers
Earning College Credit
Any student earning college credit while in high school through eligible courses taken in high school or on a college campus must request that all college transcripts be sent to the UNI Office of Admissions at least two weeks before their scheduled Orientation date. Evaluation of college credit is completed once the student has been officially admitted to UNI.
UNI credit is typically granted for students who earn a score of 3 or higher on an AP exam. Students must arrange for the testing service to send an official score report to the Admissions Office. A total of 32 credit hours can be earned toward an undergraduate degree through credit by examination.
The best way for your students to get the inside scoop about UNI is to schedule a campus visit!
For guaranteed admission, students must:
- Achieve a Regent Admission Index (RAI) score of at least 245.
- Take a minimum number of required high school courses.
Students not meeting these requirements can still be admitted and their documentation will be reviewed on an individual basis.
While college is a major financial commitment, UNI is consistently ranked among the country's best buys in higher education.
- One of the top three Midwest public universities for the past 15 years – U.S. News & World Report
- One of the Top 100 Best-Value Public Colleges for three consecutive years – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine
- No. 4 in affordability, accessibility and academic quality – Midwestern Regional A-list, collegeatlas.org
- Most affordable, high-quality provider of online education in Iowa – Affordable Colleges Online
UNI makes it easy for students to apply for university scholarships with the UNIversity Scholarship Application. Students can begin the application in September of their senior year in high school.
If students receive any additional scholarships, please notify the UNI Financial Aid office.